Using CMD to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from the System & Removable Drives
* Method One
Open command line (CMD) and write the following:
del /a:rhs [driveletter]:autorun.inf
Simply Replace [driveletter] with your drive. If the virus is on the D drive the commad will be
del /a:rhs D:autorun.inf
Restart the computer & Done.
* Second Method
Genreally when you refresh the windows explorer view a bounded virus process recreates this file. This file is attached to many events of windows explorer including OPEN, REFRESH, etc.
You must close opened explorer windows.
1. Open up a command prompt (i.e. cmd.exe) >> to load it go to Run, type cmd, enter.
2. Now to remove virus’s attributes (in order to delete it type following line by line and execute them pressing enter.
F:attrib -s -r -h *.*
If there are any malicious EXE files those are now visible so if unnecessary delete them too.
3. After finishing above, quickly remove the pendrive as soon as posible (just after executing del command).
4. Now your pen is without virus activation config. file. Now you can safely delete unnecessary EXE files on it.
* Method Third
* Download Flash_Disinfector.exe from here and save it to your desktop.
* Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
* The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone.
* Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
* Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
* Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will remove any autorun.inf files, create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don’t delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.